Almost all pets will experience an episode of fleas or being bitten by a tick at least once during their lifetime. Both of these wingless parasites survive by drinking the blood of their host, but despite their small size, are far from as innocent as they look. Preventing your pet from suffering from a flea or tick problem should be an immediate priority for any compassionate and responsible pet owner.
Parasites are an unfortunate but extremely common element of pet ownership. Most owners find that their pet becomes affected by either fleas or a tick at least once during their lifetime. Fortunately, both can be avoided if adequate preventative treatment is sought.